Skip to main content

"You do not deserve free healthcare!"

 “You don’t have a right to free health care. Because you don’t have a right to the labour that it takes to provide healthcare itself. And you don’t have a right to the labour that it takes to pay taxes that will pay for that healthcare. You only have a right to things that are inherent to you that can’t be taken away. Like your right to free speech, your right to freedom of religion. You don’t have a right to require other people to work to pay taxes to pay for things that you don’t want to pay for.”

 

The assertion that individuals do not have a right to free healthcare because it requires the labor of others and taxpayer funding is a flawed argument rooted in misconceptions about work, entitlement, and basic human rights. This perspective not only ignores the fact that many people who receive free or subsidized healthcare are contributing members of society, but also perpetuates harmful stereotypes about the desire for social support.

Firstly, the idea that recipients of free healthcare are not contributing to the system is simply untrue. Many individuals who access free or low-cost healthcare programs, such as Medicaid in the United States, work in low-wage jobs that do not provide health insurance. These individuals pay taxes, contribute to their communities, and are often caught in a cycle of poverty that makes health insurance inaccessible despite their employment. The notion that they do not have a right to healthcare because they do not work ignores their participation in the tax base that funds these programs. It also overlooks the fact that healthcare access enables people to work productively and care for their families, creating a positive feedback loop in the economy.

What happens when your employee works and gets sick or injured? They’re out of luck. Also, it ignores that they need medications for many things that can help them be more productive in their employment. Why would you want to take that away from them?

Secondly, the argument against a right to healthcare relies on the false and damaging stereotype that people merely want to receive free things without effort. This "welfare cheat" narrative has been thoroughly debunked by research, yet persists in discourse around healthcare and other social programs. In reality, navigating the eligibility processes for free healthcare programs is complex and time-consuming, deterring many who are legally qualified from applying. Furthermore, the immense paperwork and administrative burdens placed on healthcare providers participating in these programs reflect a system designed to create barriers, not invite abuse. The desire for healthcare access is rooted in the fundamental human need for medical care, not laziness or a desire for handouts.

Finally, the assertion that only inherent rights like free speech and religion should be protected, while basic needs like healthcare are earned, is a morally and ethically problematic position. Healthcare is essential for the ability to exercise and enjoy all other rights. Without access to medical care, people cannot fully participate in society, express themselves freely, or practice their faith. This is particularly true for chronic conditions and disabilities, which require ongoing care to manage. Ensuring healthcare access is not about forcing others to labor, but about recognizing the equal dignity and worth of all people, regardless of their health status or income.

In conclusion, the argument that individuals do not have a right to free healthcare because it requires labor and taxpayer funding is rooted in flawed assumptions about the work ethic of recipients and the nature of rights. Healthcare access is essential for full participation in society and the exercise of all other rights. Rather than viewing healthcare as a privilege for those who can afford it, we must recognize the inherent dignity of all people and work towards a system that ensures access to quality care for all, regardless of income or social status.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circumcision is evil.

  Imagine if you will a small baby boy just born today. He is perfectly healthy and there’s no issues at all. A doctor or a nurse would take the baby away and have him completely naked. He’s then strapped into a circumstraints. His arms and legs tied down. His penis exposed to the world. The doctor gets the baby’s penis hard and then pries the foreskin apart, tearing it from the glans it was sealed to. The baby screaming bloody murder. Then the doctor inserts a metal tube into his foreskin and pressing it against the glans, tying the base end of the foreskin and then crushing the foreskin and cutting it off. The baby who is still screaming and screaming then passes out in shock. Then the doctor or the nurse brings back the baby to the parents, “your baby slept through the whole thing.” Clearly lying. Then with the foreskin (some claim to just throw it away) but some doctors sell it for profit. 100 baby boys die each year from circumcision. Most of Europe and Asia do not c...

toxic masculinity.

 What is toxic masculinity? Truth be told? Nothing. It's just a made-up word to dehumanize boys and men and blame them for everything. Why do we need to blame men for every single thing that is wrong in the world? They, the feminists, love to believe that men have power and that all men are responsible for everything. Which is a huge steaming pile of bullshit.  what purpose does it serve to blame men for everything? What do we hope to achieve from this? If we're going to want to fix actual problems going on, then we need to look to what is actually causing them and not blame it on men. Men are not the problem.  This is also something I found from a site on "examples of toxic masculinity." https://www.aurorand.org.uk/news/top-10-toxic-masculinity-behaviours "Top 10 Toxic Masculinity behaviors Being stoic Men are constantly given the message that they must be self-reliant, independent, physically tough etc. Men are told that to be this way will make them successful...

my history part 1

  My history part 1 1997 - 1999   (I’m just going to tell bits and pieces of my history, I don’t remember too many details or an exact timeline, so it’s kind of scattered.)     (I’m going to talk about my teacher in high school. I want to make myself perfectly clear here, this is not a #metoo, I’m not trying to say she did anything because I don’t remember and I am not sure she did anything wrong. I’m not even trying to say I’m a victim either, because that’s disrespectful and it’s not what I’m trying to do here.)   I don’t think I want to say her name, only that she was a blonde woman teaching at my high school when I started. I was bullied every day for many of my school years. I hated it there. She was the only teacher that was kind to me. She seemed to understand I was upset and having trouble. I also had a school counselor who understood and tried to be helpful.   The thing is, I don’t remember any other teacher trying to take me and ...